Igor Mazepa comments achievements and failures of Ukraine’s economy in 201930.12.2019
Concorde Capital CEO and Founder Igor Mazepa comments the positive and negative events in Ukraine’s economy in 2019
Igor Mazepa, Ukrainian businessman and investment banker, financial expert, Concorde Capital CEO and Founder, comments achievements and failures of Ukraine’s 2019 economy.
Igor Mazepa considers the following events as positive:
- Cooling rates of consumer inflation, prompting the National Bank of Ukraine to begin and strengthen its softening of monetary policy
- Moderate growth in the trade deficit
- The National Bank’s currency liberalization
- The approval of a realistic budget for the year 2020
- The new government’s ability to resist populist tendencies in forming its expenditures.
Igor Mazepa considers the following events as negative:
- Unfulfilled 2019 budget revenue
- Failure to approve an effective law on the farmland market
- The lack of a clear policy on taxing individual entrepreneurs
- Ongoing uncertainty surrounding PrivatBank
- Intensified attack campaign against the National Bank of Ukraine
- Attempts to weaken the National Bank as an independent institution
- The failure of the privatization program.